Procurement Analyst - Deeside
Position: Procurement Analyst - Deeside
Location: IWT Deeside, Deeside Industrial Estate. CH5 2NR.
- Working hours: 8am - 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Office based
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free car parking
As a Procurement Analyst you will research and interpret critical business data to offer ways to improve our supply chain by directly impacting business decisions. You will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends in relation to global European and national pricing indices, existing supplier volumes, prices, KPIs and tactical spot prices from new and emerging suppliers. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Procurement Analyst will report back to the wider business/relevant colleagues including purchasing and company directors. This role requires strong skills in data analysis, presentation of findings and high requirement for accuracy plus the ability to understand and interpret base information and own recommendations and conclusions.
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
Key requirements and qualifications
If you would like any further information, please call the Recruitment Team: 01490 412 626 or email email@example.com
- Minimum of 2 years in an equivalent role having developed business skills and behaviours to allow high levels of accuracy, timeliness and the ability to manage complex projects to tight timelines.
- Experience of working in supply chain and or manufacturing (desirable) in order to have gained an appreciation for the expectations of high paced engineering lead business requirements.
- Degree in the following subjects; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting and Business with strong data management (Big data & Analysis)
- Experience of working in supply chain and or manufacturing (desirable) in order to have gained an appreciation for the expectations of high paced engineering lead business requirements
- Experience in data models and reporting packages - Advanced excel essential
- Other packages desirable – MRP/ ERP, other statistical software packages (probably via university studies) supply chain planning software
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports – preferably around RFQ’s and related supply chain tendering/supplier processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting to seasoned procurement professionals and company directors
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail and experience of working on tenders, supplier reviews, market analysis and presenting findings in a logical and systematic manner