Senior Buyer - Deeside
Position: Senior Buyer - Deeside
Location: IWT Deeside, Deeside Industrial Estate. CH5 2NR.
- Working hours: 8am - 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Office based
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free car parking
As we look to further enhance our market presence, we are recruiting a Senior Buyer to join our thriving team. This role will be responsible for all direct and indirect procurement for the business. Your focus will be to ensure OTIF, maintain the highest of quality and ensure all contracts are cost-effective for the business. The right candidate for this role will be proactive and take the initiative to make improvements throughout the Procurement function. This is a hands-on role requiring the Senior Buyer to be fully involved in both the day to day detail and the overall strategy for the team.
- Developing all processes and procedures to ensure best Procurement practice
- Negotiating, implementing and maintaining supplier agreements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews as necessary in order to maintain supplier performance levels for quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross functionally across the different departments to ensure agreed company goals
- Managing inventory levels and ensuring accuracy without affecting production
- Dealing with complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products
- Working closely with suppliers to develop and maintain long lasting relationships
- Implementing KPI's to accurately monitor supplier performance
- Escalating and addressing business risks without delay or hesitation
- Full accountability for sourcing the right quality of products and services
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to deliver a procurement service which is cost effective, quality focussed, timely and reliable
- Experience in developing high level sourcing strategies
- Strong operational Procurement background
- Experience in leading and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing environment
- High level of education, including CIPS
If you would like any further information, please call the Recruitment Team: 01490 412 626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org