Team Leader - Celyn Days - Sandycroft
Position: Team Leader - Celyn Days - Sandycroft
Location: IWT Sandycroft, Sandycroft. CH5 2QZ.
£37,000 per annum
- Monday to Thursday 6am - 6pm
- 3-Day Weekend
- Uniform and PPE provided
- 23 days holiday per year
- Company pension scheme
- Free car parking
Ifor Williams Trailers is Britain’s leading trailer manufacturer, operating at six advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. Join our enthusiastic manufacturing team with permanent roles for long term careers.
Having opened in 2018, our Sandycroft site produces our highly popular Livestock and Horsebox trailers.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Team Leader to join the Sandycroft Manufacturing Leadership Team. This role would be working our Celyn Nights contract managing up to 30 Production Operatives on a fast-paced trailer assembly line.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Operate a HS&E Management system that ensures safe working practices are always used for all tasks.
- Remove risk from processes wherever possible and minimise residual risks.
- Operate a Management System that promotes the most effective and efficient methods of operation.
- Align value creating steps for transforming material to finished product and eliminate non value creating steps.
- Eliminate non value added activities from processes.
- Identify and implement most cost efficient methods of production.
- Maximise shop floor utilisation of all sites to absorb overheads.
- Manage resources to maximise equipment utilisation and maximise material yield.
- Adopt Plan, Do, Check, Act approach throughout manufacturing to continually improve KPI's.
- Improve Schedule Adherence achievement and accuracy of delivery date.
- Improve supply of After Sales parts and service level to Customer
- Provide a high quality product that meets or exceeds the customers expectations.
- Achieve on time delivery of internal and external material supply.
- Reduce material scrap and supplier rejects.
- Create a workplace that is safe, efficient, and easily managed.
- Maintain lead times on all products that is acceptable to the customer.
- Clear communication flow throughout business.
- All employees to be fully competent in designated task.
Team Leader Key Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to promoting behaviours aligned to the Company’s visions, values and code of conduct.
- Thorough knowledge and champion of all Company procedures, rules and values.
- Proven track record of leading a team
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience of delivering effective people management
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrates a structured approach to solving problems – a focus on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Time management and organisational skills
- Basic IT and pc skills
- A willingness to undertake any other reasonable duties, not listed within these terms of reference in order to meet the needs of the business on a consistent and ongoing basis.
If you would like to discuss the Team Leader opportunity in more detail, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01490 412 626